Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blerry Hadeda's


The Taj Mahal (aka Christmas tree with hanging/draping tinsel and glitter balls) is up in our lounge. My word, it sure does light up the lounge and cramp my style. The sprog has been informed that the sickly sweet Christmas tunes that come as *added* feature on the lights may only wail on for five minutes a day, lest mom goes moggy.

This morning while I was writing my bi monthly geek article http://witnessgeek.blogspot.com/ , I got seriously put out by Maritzburg's cheekiest Hadeda. Not a meter away from my chair, just on the porch where Shaggy (feline member of the family) has his feeding grounds, the trespass quare clausum fregit Hadeda helped himself to Shaggy's leftovers. The distrinctive pick-pick-pick gives him away (as a non cat intruder) so I thought I would give him a good lesson. I snuck out the door and with a starjump and a big WHOOOP I not only sent the Hadeda over to the neighbours at an almost horizonal angle, I also proceeded to give Shaggy such a fright that the literally fell off his perch on top of the outside table.

I blame Ma (gran in granny flat) for these misbehaving Hadedas as she has spent many hours feeding them dog cubes and enticing them to poo poo on the porch amongst other despicable Hadeda businesses (i.e. unwanted 4am wakeup services). Just in case you are going to send the SPCA around: are there any cat/Hadeda food donours out there who don't mind feeding the entire neighbourhood?

In that event I rest my case and will double Shaggy's rations.

No comments: