Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kiddie Kennel



So today we tried to tell our increasingly cheeky four year old that if he doesn't behave we will call up kiddie kennels and they will come and pick him up.

Big mistake! After half an hour of trying to make it sound like a bad place without adding too much details (and thus giving away the fact that there is no such place as kiddie kennels ((why not, btw??))), we ended up telling him that his aunt (husband's younger sister) knows all about it as she had been there long ago, and sprog should ask her. This was as a last resort as he thought the idea quite quaint and was almost ready to pack his bags, as long as we could tell him more, MORE, MORE! Needless to say that our little ruse backfired as all we poor harrassed parents really wanted was ten minutes of peace. Ninny, his aunt, did not really have to uphold her end of the deal as suddenly the interest waned. NOT FAIR!!!!


Anyway, I mother, hereby declare that I broke my son's Christmas present this morning. Last seen alive in the picture above, the yellow watergun is now broken. I obviously was not meant to shoot a fountain THAT high and the weak interior pipe bust and, redfaced, I had to apologise to my son. I told him that normally this is what HE should be telling ME while I cultivate a reprimanding face. Luckily my apology was accepted without too much grovelling. Luckily he was given two waterguns, but I have now been banned from "playing" with that one.


So anyway, in the picture above, you will notice that we are all a bit nutty, as the water courses goes straight up Callum's nose and it is a self-inflicted nasal drainage caught on camera. I sent it off to the local newspaper who promise R100 for the best photo of the week, a voucher I will use to take sprog and hubby out for dinner, should the "nosejob" win. Oh, by the way, Callum is not, as he may appear in the photo, a mono brow, he (and the rest of the nutty family) was sporting traditional boxing day face paint. A present from his other aunt. She paid for that one with a huge red blob on her immaculate carpet, hehehe.


More nutty news soon.

No comments: